The prevention of accidents is an objective affecting all levels of the Devel Construction, Inc. organization and its activities. Our commitment to Safety extends to each of our jobsites and includes all employees – from the President to newly hired personnel.
It is the intention of Devel’s management to provide safe and healthy working conditions for all of our employees and to establish and insist upon safe practices at all times by the entire organization. Similarly, each supervisor must make the safety of employees an integral part of his or her regular management function. It is equally the duty of each employee to assist and follow established safety regulations and procedures.
At Devel, Safety is Everybody’s Responsibility
Devel’s managers, supervisors and foremen assume their respective responsibility for the health and safety of their assigned staff. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review safety policies and procedures; become familiar with the functions and the responsibilities of supervision and the interrelationships with other departments.
- Develop a sound technical knowledge of all applicable Cal/OSHA Safety Orders and Regulations; also stay current with requirements made by other government agencies.
- Maintain an occupational training program covering hazards basic to all types of employment and those unique to each worker’s job assignment.
- Correct any unsafe or unhealthy work practices in a timely manner.
- Schedule and conduct regular safety training meetings with all employees including weekly jobsite “tailgate” meetings for all field personnel.
- Perform first aid duties as required, including maintaining appropriate first aid supplies, dissemination of emergency procedures and providing first aid training.
- Keep records of all employees training, corrections of unsafe conditions, dates and results of workplace inspections.
INJURY AND ILLNESS PREVENTION PROGRAM
Devel is dedicated to eliminating general and environmental hazards to protect our personnel from jobsite risks. We ensure that our employees follow strict safety and health requirements and remain current with State and Federal regulations. To this end, we shall continue to create the safest working conditions possible and to train all employees with proper safety policies and procedures. Devel has developed a well-defined Injury and Illness Prevention Program, which is read by every Devel employee and acknowledged in writing that he/she has understood it. This program consists of the following elements:
- Assignment of Responsibility and Policy Statement.
- Employer compliance.
- Employee communications.
- Training, including First Aid and CPR certification for Foremen/Superintendents.
- Inspections and correction of hazards.
- Injury and illness investigation.
- Record keeping.
- Hazard Communication Program.
- Personal Protective Equipment.
- Equipment certification.
A copy of the Devel Injury and Illness Prevention Program is available to all of our Clients for their review. In addition, we will be pleased to present our current and past Worker’s Compensation Experience Modification Rate. We are determined to continue our never-ending quest to achieve a zero accident rate for all of our employees.